Let's celebrate Patrick Taormina (a.k.a Sactown Connection / pmuny) and everything he contributed for all of us.
When I set up this website as a fan in 2004, I never would have expected the solid, heartfelt community we've got here. And I never expected people to join who were 10x the dedicated fans such as Sactown. We have Thes and Double K to thank for the music that has brought us together. I'm truly humbled.
On instagram there was a post suggesting Pat's family will be holding a memorial sometime in July.
I have a few ideas for what we can do - let me know if you think of anything else or want to help out!
A lot of people have already shared their memories of Pat and what he meant in the other topic but I'd like it if you can all add again in here. I want to put together a book containing thoughts from anyone and everyone, as well as collect all the great posts and stories Pat put on here over the years.
- your forum name
- your real name (if you want to)
- where you are (town/city and country) - let's represent this worldwide community!
- your words for Pat and his family. Could be a few words or a few paragraphs. As long as you like.
- any particular favourite posts from Pat you want me to include (I am going to go through all 3255 of his posts and pick out all his great stories and thoughts!)
- any other photos / images you want to include
I will lay out everyone's comments and all the posts in a book. I will try to design and laser cut a box for the book to travel in. I will print it here (in London) and post or deliver it by hand if I have to!
It would also be amazing to contribute for a dope "P" flower arrangement
I'd also like to maintain/archive The Point of The Rhyme website.
Anyone who is local to sactown (13lood13ath, boombip?) -> get in touch! I might need some local knowledge for printing / postage / flowers / delivery etc!
If you would also like to donate to help make this happen, please send me anything you can via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org (£1 / $4 / €9 / ¥400 or whatever you can contribute.)