Berkeley was awesome.
Setlist was I believe the same for the shows before TGOS2 dropped. Unfortunately, No Graffiti on a High School Wall like they did last tour.
A few highlights:
- Thes at the beginning of the show jumping off the stage into the crowd and rhyming; snatched my P hat for himself a few times during freestyles
- Someone brought a stuffed teddy bear (Cal Bears) that made it onto the stage with the gents
- After SF Knights, Thes notes the show is usually over and bemoans that they'll walk off stage and then people chant 'one more song' and yell obnoxiously when they come back, so they 'just cut to the chase' instead and went straight into the encore of Hang Loose/Strong Bold & Demanding + P is one of a kind (from the funner than leather mixtape)
- Then they head off the stage and people start chanting one more song, so they come back out with Melina Jones who opened for them in years past who dropped some bars, while Double was on the beat and These did more midi thumb drumming.
- After, you could tell at this point they really didn't have anything left planned but jumped into Hi My Name Is (Thes/K call and response) You/Time To Rock Our sh!t+P-Unified-Talented. Thes than takes a selfie with the crowd and Double says to look for new music 'soon.'
Petaluma was good but ended after SF Knights (no double encore). I think they were also getting back into the groove - Double forgot some rhymes (on Get Hip I think) and they were off-beat for a second or two in the Double K Show.
Petaluma was also way more smoked out, which I wasn't expecting. Thes said they had never performed in Petaluma and it was about 15 years since they played in Berkeley itself.
Hopefully they'll head over the pond soon since they have their legs under them again and are back at it.
Looking forward to seeing them tonight in Santa Cruz and saying what's up to Martin Medina.