Uh oh. Jesus bot.
The 6 Types of RosariesStarted 6 months ago by / toggle topic info
We are all familiar with the standard rosary – the five decade rosary, consisting of a crucifix attached to a strand of beads. It is widely associated with prayer and worship. However, a confusion often arises when the terms “Franciscan rosary” or “chaplet” are brought up. To shed light on this, here are the six different types of rosaries: (Information credit: https://www.holyart.co.uk/)
1. The Five Decade Rosary – It is also known as the Dominican Rosary is respect f St. Dominican. It is used to say the traditional prayer. It consists of a crucifix, followed by 5 beads. This is followed by the rosary center and lastly, a loop of 5 decades (a set of ten beads), giving it its name. It is used in the day-to-day prayers for worshipping the Father mainly.
2. Franciscan Rosary – There are two rosaries that are associated with the Franciscan order – the seven decade rosary and the fifteen decade rosary. The seven-decaderosary is similar to the five decade rosary, featuring two extra loops and two additional beads for Hail Mary. One meditates on the seven joys of Mary while praying a seven decade rosary. The fifteen decade rosary is also quite common but can still choose to use a single rosary for this prayer.
3. Chaplet – A chaplet is available in various sizes, patterns, and groups of beads. They are used for prayers that are intended to seek help from the saints, Jesus or Mary. A chaplet is often based for a specific purpose, thus including the subject in it.
4. Servite Rosary – The Servite Rosary is connected to the Servite Order. It features seven sets of seven beads each, which are called ‘weeks.’ This rosary is focused primarily on the seven sorrows of Mary.
5. Wedding Rosary – Also known as ‘Lasso’, the wedding rosary is an oversized one, formed by joining two rosaries at the center. It is used in a wedding ceremony where the priest places the beads of the rosary over the bride and groom’s heads. This symbolizes the joining of their lives.
6. One Decade Rosary – Just like its name, this rosary features only a single loop of 10 beads. It is easy to carry around and pray. The 5 beads are also represented by only a single bead on such a rosary. This rosary can be used to pray any number of mysteries or chaplets by circling around the decade as many times a needed. There are several types of one decade rosary like:
1. Auto Rosary – This is a simple one decade rosary that has a clasp, enabling it to be hooked around the rearview mirror or the steering wheel to facilitate praying.
2. Rosary bracelet – This rosary is in the form of a bracelet that can be worn around the wrist. This ensures that you can easily carry it around with you.
3. Rosary rings – Rosaries in the form of key rings and wearable rings are also made with the idea that one can reach for a rosary and pray anytime they wish to.
These are the different types of rosaries, each used to pray to the Lord in a different way.
Dude, this is a hip-hop forum.
Sorry I'm late to the party, it's been a looooooong minute since one of those pricks have snuck in... Nice one Po!
This topic has been closed to new replies.